Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sarah Butler runs emotional and physical gauntlet for ‘I Spit on Your Grave’

When Sara Butler is the aim of carving out a diverse career for her, she is a great work so far. This old Belle (Beauty and the Beast, of course) at Disneyland and a guest star on CSI: NY and CSI: Miami is in the lead role of I Spit On Your Grave, a remake of the controversial 1978 cult film. In the update without qualification directed by Steven M. Monroe (in the cinema of today), Jennifer Butler plays a novelist, of a cabin in the woods to finish his new book, and it is brutal and sexually assaulted by a group of local boys . Left for Dead turns a switch on the head of Jennifer and she is a torture, violence and the killing of revenge against his attackers. (A scene with her and a pair of metal scissors. I'll leave it at that.) Butler, 25-year-old native of Washington state, was skeptical about the fight against a film that so intense and was violent, convinced to his manager that they had. "I have to go through so much emotionally, and is a total honor as an actor," says Butler. "This is what you dream of in a position to live experiences that changed so much and come and go completely the other end." Read on for thoughts on the liberated actress in the grave rating, as he did in his spare time as a liberation, and what really makes him afraid. (Note:. If one of the most watched programs on television)



With the terrible things so much for you and you need to do to keep your mind clear, if we are not filming?
In fact, at the end of each day of shooting I would go and try to let go of all that, try to let go of everything and clear my head. Every day was so intense. I had no energy left - I was completely dry and emotionally at the end of each day. It was for me to bring a new beginning for the next day to my best every day and again. This applies to the beginning of the film where I'm the one who is the victim. If I was the avenger of the second half of the film, I wanted to keep his head a little more space, unless I was on the line: Spend some time alone and enjoy the camaraderie that existed in the weeks before recording.

So they treat it like two completely different things.
It was nearly so. It was and it was not. Steven Monroe, thank you for it. He insisted that shoot in the order, and I can not imagine trying to shoot the scenes of revenge and gather all this anger against these men without going through what I did when I was attacked disappeared.

How close is the original grave to you? It is controversial, and take when it was published, some people feel that feminism, while others saw it as exploitation. Is this new edition is less violent or intense?
How does the story is almost identical. There is a new character, making it a little, but other changes than that, it feels very true. There have been major updates have been. One of the biggest changes that we are given to him that instead of approaching his revenge by voting their sexuality as a weapon in our version. I can use my cunning and my brute strength to capture and torture and kill these men. This is a big difference. And one of the reasons why the original was ranked the operation was an abundance of nudity in the film. Yes, that's not our nudity, but it is definitely less free. It is not enough there to help you evoke an idea of what is happening, and a feeling of pity for Jennifer. That was something that was brilliant by Steven. I felt very safe in their hands and said. "Go ahead, we and another nude photo doing here I would have more impact if we have done here, knowing I was not going to use these images and make only what is necessary

Women tend to have tortured more horrified as men. Especially in the scenes in this attack, it was hard, both as actress and as a person to do?
It was difficult at all as an actress. Everything I needed to do, it was his and I think what happened was wrong with me. Many of the things that have happened were real. It was a real gun involved - knew he was not charged, but it's still scary when you give it a real weapon at your side. It's been real live ammunition and water and my head under water. They are fears that it actually is. I could not help but be by the violence that is directed at me in horror. It was hard to go through it, not as an actor, but it was difficult because a person all that is opposed. I had the feeling I was totally trapped and scared, because that's what felt Jennfier. It was very difficult. They were "cut" Steven cried a few times and could not be cut immediately. I want to shout back for something and take care of others.

What was your starting from the set?
In our hotel there was a hot dinner every night after shots were. We had always beaten. That was the fun part after this long day of fighting and totally shocked me and they hate my friends were once we got back to the hotel. We would hang us by - we were in the hotel and have a beer and dinner. That was the way it was blowing a little steam. The guys play some poker games - I was not really into it. [Laughs] When I started my revenge, no doubt, much less. I would go to my room and I actually had a puzzle he was working. I closed the big puzzle with a huge 2,000 pack of dogs last week. It keeps me active, I had a feeling of loneliness that was something that Jennifer had happened in the time between attack and deliberate revenge on these guys.

Axe II was released unrated, and was quickly withdrawn from cinemas. They are all to be assessed in your movie?
Yes, definitely. The MPAA is more than 100 cuts of the film. Would require cuts to an R-rating would be like cutting the legs of the film. All brands, it is unique and surprising and striking, the intensity of the whole rape, then the intensity of revenge. This is the movie. Everything. For some people, this film makes no sense. They say, "How come you never see such a thing?" Well, it's an audience out there for the original and it showed. The original fans will be happy above all that we followed with an unrated version. This is exactly a film like this requires. Why the issuance of films this film and actually committing the violence and all that go and go and then just cut everything to pieces? It makes no sense.

Are you a fan of horror?
You know, I'm not really a big horror fan. I'm just a kind of chicken. There was a time in my life where I like to see non-stop marathon of CSI would, and I'm so scared afterwards. Once I watched and I was going to bed and brush my teeth, but the bathroom was so at the other end of the house and I felt very lonely. I was literally too scared to go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I was like, 'This is ridiculous. I can not save. "Had [Laughs] I censor my vision and I can not see what too afraid because I never go to sleep.

She made some minor episodes of CSI lately. Can you now see and not be afraid, for I have seen her mysteries behind the camera?
Yes, a little more. And I do not see them without stopping. Not all of them are really scary, but occasionally you get a it's like, 'Ughh. There are so many different authors and different types of people who are evil. It's like people who are afraid of clowns, some people will find that completely ridiculous, but some people are clowns scary. For me it's serial killer. Oh, my God, I'm scared to death. I can not handle it. I remember one episode in particular. There was this young man at my age, so I immediately identified with her, and she got a call at home at night. It was this man and he acts all creepy and said something about how he saw it. It turned out that he was an installation of cable TV, and when she put cables that actually moved to the attic, and there were holes in the ceiling of each room in your house so that it can be seen everywhere. He was there to live for God knows how long, and that is the scariest thing that ever in my life occurred. So it is really scarred me. [Laughs]

What was the experience of seeing you spit on your grave for you?
It was very interesting. Well, okay, I formulate. The first time I have planned, I saw in a theater Provatas with some of my representatives, ugh, it was very, very disturbing. Definitely, I cried for several minutes while they raped. Actually, I was able to separate in the film and realized that I really was. Then I looked again at the Fantasia Festival in Montreal with a full house of 900 people, and that was an amazing experience. You can see for yourself, but you never know what to respond to a variety of strangers. It was very interesting. Everyone was very quiet in the first half and then as soon as he signs me back to my revenge, all in the crowd cheered. When I seal the deal and making a death, there were small groups of standing ovations here and there. The people cheered and so excited. It was better than I could expect. The first time you asked people: "What do you hope people do when they see this film?" And I said, "I hope they stand and applaud when I take my revenge," and that's exactly what happened. It was amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment